Made to hero the refreshing qualities of orange, lemon and grapefruit, this citrusy cocktail is sweetened naturally with the sugars of the fruits itself. This makes a crisp cocktail that can be enjoyed without refined sugars.
Light Paloma Cocktail with Orange
1–2 large fresh oranges
75ml tequila blanco (silver tequila)
2 tbsp light agave nectar
Coarse sea salt for garnishing rim of glass
Chilled 300ml sparkling grapefruit soda (We use Fever Tree sparkling pink grapefruit soda!)
Dehydrated orange slices for garnish
- In a large bowl or jug, juice your oranges and 1/2 the lemon.
- Mix in agave nectar and tequila. Set aside.
- Slice the other half of the lemon into wedges. Moisten the rim with a lemon wedge and then dip each glass in coarse salt.
- Pour the tequila and juice mix evenly into the 2 glasses filled with ice.
- Top each glass with 150ml of sparkling grapefruit soda into each glass.
- Finally, garnish with a dehydrated orange slice and lemon wedge for those classy summer vibes!